Czech and Slovak Society for Photonics
Czech Technical University in Prague, Faculty of Electrical Engineering
IEEE Czechoslovakia Section
Action M Agency
invite you to attend the conference and exhibition
OPTICAL COMMUNICATIONS 2013
Digital Czech Republic - optical versus RF networks?
October 24 - 25, 2013, Olympik Hotel Prague, Czech Republic
The OK 2013 conference and exhibition will traditionally be focused on the promising fields of optical communications, fibre optics, access, metro and backbone networks and applied photonics.
The primary aim of the conference and exhibition will be to inform scientists, researchers, technicians, business people, local authorities and state administration officials with the development trends in the field of optical communications.
This year the event will focus namely on access and metropolitan area optical networks:
- New and planned standards
- What will the strategic document Digital Czech Republic v.2.0 bring - will better conditions be created for the development of optical access networks in the Czech Republic?
- What will the high-speed mobile LTE networks bring - will the majority of users be satisfied with mobile connection?
In parallel with the main stream sessions, a panel discussion and a workshop will be organized devoted to the main topic of the conference.
The conference languages will be English (Scientific section), Czech and Slovak (the other sections).
The conference will be divided into the following 5 sections:
- Technologies and Applications
- Scientific Section (solely in English)
- Educational Section
- Panel discussion
The topics will namely include:
- Optical Fibre Access Networks
- Metropolitan Area Networks
- Backbone networks
- Methods of Increasing Transmission Capacity of Optical Fibre Links and Development of Broadband Services
- Applications of Fibre Optics
- Economic and legislative aspects of building access networks.